- Highest research power of any UK Institution in the area of neuroscience, clinical psychology and psychiatry (2008 Research Assessment Excercise)
- Fourth most cited research centre in the world for psychiatry and psychology – and the single largest outside the US
- Access to a large clinical population (King’s College London is part of King’s Health Partners, an Academic Health Science Centre which includes Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts)
- Opportunities across mental health spectrum neuroscience; psychology; addictions; old age psychiatry & dementia; child psychiatry; psychological medicine; clinical neuroscience; neuroimaging; biostatistics
- King's College London is ranked in the world’s top 25 universities (QS World University Rankings, 2010) and The Sunday Times University of the Year 2010-11.
PhD Funding Opportunities
King’s College London Graduate School is offering a range of PhD funding opportunities for research commencing in October 2011. For full information visit:
Deadline for PhD funding applications: 1st FEBRUARY 2011
What if I miss the 1st February funding deadline?
If you miss the 1st February deadline, you can still apply now for other PhD studentships which will become available at the Institute of Psychiatry in the next few months. We will hold your application and allocate a studentship if your application is successful.
Apply at: https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/
- Select your chosen area, eg “Psychology MPhil/PhD (Full-time)”.
- In the Funding section select “5” and specify “upcoming studentships” in the box.
MRC Social, Genetic & Developmental Psychiatry
There are a number of 1+3 PhD studentships currently available in the MRC Social, Genetic & Developmental Psychiatry Department. First deadline 14th January 2011. Second deadline 14th March 2011. Click here for more information.
Visit our web pages: