The scholarship will run on the basis of the +3, 1+3 or 2+3 model depending on previous qualifications commencing in September 2013 and will provide:
• an annual bursary equivalent to the RCUK rate – £13,726 (£6,863 part-time) for 2013-2014
• fees at the standard Home/EU or International rate
• a research support grant of £750 (£375 part-time) per annum
Home/EU and international applicants are eligible to apply as well as students already in their first year of a University of Glasgow research degree. Both full-time and part-time students are eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants not currently studying for a research degree at the University of Glasgow must identify a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application, in order to secure a reference. Please refer to the CEES staff pages for available areas of interest: http://www.gla.ac.uk/subjects/cees/staff/. The researcher search tool is also available to help in identifying a potential supervisor
All applicants should complete and collate the following documentation then attach to a single email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Thursday 6th June 2013:
- Scholarship Application Form [http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_277819_en.doc], with all sections and final checklist completed.
- Full academic transcript(s) from previous studies (undergraduate and postgraduate).
- 2 references on official headed notepaper and signed by referees. References given to candidates in sealed envelopes should be opened, scanned and attached to the email. References from University of Glasgow staff can be emailed direct to email@example.com by referees. Applicants currently studying for a PhD at the University of Glasgow should include one reference from their first supervisor. Applicants applying from outside the University of Glasgow must include one reference from a potential supervisor at the University of Glasgow.
- Research Proposal [http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_277822_en.docx ] should be completed and attached to the application email.
Additional items such as references and bibliography should be attached to the application email separately from the research proposal – i.e. on a different word document.
Proposals should be no longer than 1200 words, excluding references etc. Any proposal over 1200 words will not be considered.
All documents should be named as follows: "E-AS Scholarship, Document Name, Student Name", for example: "E-AS Scholarship, Reference 1, Maggie Baister"
Any application which fails to meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Deadline is 6 June 2013
Applications will be shortlisted by a CEES selection panel using the following criteria:
• 30% - for transcript and references
• 70% - for research proposal
The final selection will be made by Central and East European Studies selection panel and candidates will be notified by Thursday 27th June 2013.