University of Birmingham Featured PhD Programmes
University of Liverpool Featured PhD Programmes
University of Glasgow Featured PhD Programmes
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council Featured PhD Programmes
Brunel University London Featured PhD Programmes

PhD Discussion Forum

The following thread is brought to you by our sister Web site If you wish to reply or post your own thread, you will be redirected to this site.

This Category: > PhD Advice / Support


PhD in Theology with a 2:2 Bachelor's and a M.A (Pass)?

User: TheSeminarian - 12 January 2016 22:18

Hello all! I know this question has been up alot at this forum, but I haven't quite found the answer to my specific situation.

I have a Bachelor's degree in theology from Uppsala University in Sweden that equals to a 2.2 (UK classification). I also have a post-graduate diploma in theology and ministry and a M.A in Theology from Durham university with a pass, besides my academic qualifications, I am also an ordained priest in the Church of England. My lifelong dream has been to do a PhD in theology, and my question is if it would be possible for me to get accepted at any university? My bad grades has had alot to do with concentration issues related to my ADHD, but this isn't something I want to blame everything on.

On all the university sites it says that "a 2:1 degree or a master's degree is required..."

When they say this, do they mean that I just need to have a master's degree, or does it have to be one awarded with merit? Should I call off my dream or is there still a chance?

Thank you in advance for your help!

User: TreeofLife - 13 January 2016 10:04

It just means a MSc. You have a pass at MSc, that means a pass, that means you have an MSc, that means you can apply when the requirement states MSc.

FindAPhD. Copyright 2005-2019
All rights reserved.