What’s it like to study a PhD in Gender Studies?
Under the guidance of one or more specialist supervisors with an expertise in your chosen topic, you’ll conduct independent research eventually culminating in an extended dissertation, which should make a substantial contribution to the field of Gender Studies.
Gender studies is a highly interdisciplinary subject, which will likely involve cutting across multiple areas such as sociology, psychology, anthropology, and literary theory.
Possible research areas include:
- The development of gender identity
- Representations of gender in literature, art, and film
- Gender stereotypes and their perpetuation
- Gender equality in the workplace
- Gender Studies within another discipline, such as literary theory