The scholarship is open to home and international applicants. It covers a student stipend to cover living expenses for each year of study (the 2022/23 stipend rate is £22,976) plus university tuition fees and a generous allowance for research consumables/training, travel and funding to support career transitions following the submission of the PhD thesis, within or beyond academia.
Apply to Us
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th November 2023. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be interviewed on Tuesday 6th or Wednesday 7th February 2024.
Applicant Q&A Sessions
Applicant Question and Answer sessions, run by the Programme Directors, will be held on Zoom:
- 1st November 2023 10:00-11:00 AM London
- 3rd November 2023 16.00-17.00 PM London
- 8th November 2023 11.00-12.00 AM London
- 10th November 2023 16.00-17.00 PM London
- 15th November 2023 10.00-11.00 AM London
- 24th November 2023 16.00-17.00 PM London
Prof Ian Clark (UEA School of Biological Sciences) and Prof Cathie Martin, FRS (John Innes Centre).
For further information about the EDESIA PhD programme, including funding, eligibility, FAQ, student testimonials and links to the Applicant Q&A Sessions please visit our website.