Call for Applications to 10 PhD programmes at the University of Brescia, Italy
The Call for Applications to the XXXVII cycle of PhD programmes (duration of 3 years starting on 1st of November 2021) at the University of Brescia is now open until the closing deadline of 4th of August 2021.
The application procedures and admission selections are open, with no citizenship limitation, to candidates who hold a five-years’ Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale), or similar academic degree obtained abroad, comparable in duration and contents with the Italian qualification.
The University of Brescia offers a wide range of opportunities in the following 10 programmes across different research areas:
Economics and Law Studies
- PhD in BUSINESS & LAW - INSTITUTIONS AND BUSINESS: VALUE, RULES AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- PhD in ANALYTICS FOR ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
- PhD in BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES AND TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE (Curricula: - Neuroscience - Immunology and Oncology - Pharmacology and Microbiology)
- PhD in MOLECULAR GENETICS, BIOTECHNOLOGIES AND EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE (Curricula: - Molecular Genetics Applied to Medical Sciences - Biotechnologies for the Health and the Environment - Forensic Medical Science)
- PhD in PRECISION MEDICINE
- PhD in ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN MEDICINE AND INNOVATION IN CLINICAL RESEARCH AND METHODOLOGY (Curricula: - Artificial Intelligence in Medicine - Regenerative Medicine - Innovation in Clinical Research and Methodology)
- PhD in MECHANICAL AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (Curricula: - Curriculum on basic research; - Industrial curriculum; - International curriculum)
- PhD in INFORMATION ENGINEERING (Curricula: - Electronics Engineering, Sensors and Instrumentation - Computer Science/Engineering and Control Systems - Telecommunication Engineering - Physical Sciences for Engineering)
- PhD in CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING, INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AND MATHEMATICS (Curricula: - Appropriate Methodologies and Techniques for International Development Cooperation – Mathematical Methods and Models for Engineering – Natural Risk Assessment and Management – Urban Planning and Mobility – Structural Rehabilitation of Historical and Modern Buildings - Technologies and Processes for the Environment and Agriculture)
- PhD in TECHNOLOGY FOR HEALTH
The application process must be completed via a dedicated online procedure.
The admission selections of candidates are performed based on the specific criteria and requirements established for each PhD programme as described in the Annex A to the Call for Applications.
According the procedures established for each PhD programme, oral admission exams may be taken in some cases in a language other than Italian. If so specified for the considered PhD programme, candidates may sit the oral exam remotely, on the prescribed date / time, by using an audio and video teleconference device (e.g. Skype).
Student scholarships are available for each PhD programme as described in the Annex A to the Call for Applications, according to the merit ranking list drawn up by the Admission Board.
Additional scholarships on specific research topics for selected programmes are listed in Annex A to the Call.
PhD scholarships may not be combined with other student grants of any kind, except for those awarded by national or foreign institutions for use as part of PhD research activity undertaken abroad.
No enrolment fees are requested.
For the A.Y. 2021/2022, only a total contribution of €156,00 is set for students enrolled on PhD programmes, irrespective of their scholarship.
Each PhD student is ensured the access to fully equipped laboratories, study rooms, libraries and facilities, and a budget for research activity in Italy and abroad is available.
Accomodations for PhD students in student houses can be accessible upon specific application. Access criteria will be defined in the Accomodation Call that will be announced on the UniBS webpage by the end of Summer.
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement