Earn your PhD Degree in Istanbul at Sabancı University
Sabancı University is one of the most diverse, pioneering, and highly ranked universities in the region. Since 1999, with its world-class faculty, Sabancı University provides a globally ranked education, fully in English, at affordable tuition fees compared to similarly ranked universities in the world. This is supported further by the comprehensive financial aid systems that are available to students of all nations and across all education levels and fields, guaranteeing high quality, accessible education for all.
Research is also a big focus at Sabancı University. The university boasts a large number of laboratories and research centers, including the most advanced Nanotechnology Research and Application Center in the region, and has been named the most innovative university in Turkey several years in a row.
Graduates of Sabancı University are highly valued across all sectors and many countries. 81% of our graduates find employment within a year of their graduation, and our over 11,000 alumni go on to start their careers or do their postgraduates studies at some of the best companies and universities in the world.
- Among top 401-500 universities in THE (Times Higher Education)World University Rankings 2020
- Ranked 48 by THE Young University Rankings in 2019
- Ranked 20 by QS Europe & Central Asia University Rankings 2020
How to Apply
Sabancı University opens online applications for graduate applications in February and close in May, for most departments. Only graduate programs in the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences have a spring intake, the applications for which generally open in September and close in late November.
Since PhD students comprise the backbone of research conducted at Sabancı University, our faculty are always on the lookout for competent applicants. All you must do to apply to the university is fill in the online application form on the website and add any necessary documents to the online system.
- Completed online application form
- Undergraduate and graduate degree (if applicable)
- Official transcript showing university courses and grades
- Copy of language proficiency exam score TOEFL (min. score: 80)
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam (GRE, GMAT, etc.)
- Two letters of recommendations
- Statement of purpose
- One passport-sized photograph
Funding Your Graduate Education
Sabancı University offers variety of funding opportunities, including full scholarship, project scholarship, tuition fee exemption, etc. for doctoral programs’ domestic and international students. Your academic background and your test results (GMAT, GRE, etc.) are evaluated in accordance with the required criteria during the admittance and if you are considered to be eligible, various types of scholarships are granted with the decision of Sabancı University Scholarship Committee.
On the serene campus of Sabancı University, you can find everything you may need for your daily life. Amenities abound from a performing arts center to a sports center, convenience store, movie theater, and a fully equipped gym. Among universities in Turkey, Sabancı University has the highest housing capacity as a percentage of its number of students. All international students who are admitted to Sabancı University are guaranteed to stay at our housing facilities during their first year.
- Computer Science & Engineering Graduate Programs
- Cyber Security Graduate Programs
- Electronics Engineering Graduate Programs
- Industrial Engineering Graduate Programs
- Manufacturing Engineering Graduate Programs
- Materials Science and Nano Engineering Graduate Programs
- Mathematics Graduate Programs
- Mechatronics Engineering Graduate Programs
- Molecular Biology, Genetics and Bioengineering Graduate Programs
- Physics Graduate Programs
- Political Science
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement