To be considered for a PhD position in management, you are expected to:
- hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
- have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study
- show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- have a GMAT or GRE test result, ideally you have GMAT/GRE scores that place you in or above the 85th percentile of the test takers. It is possible to apply without GMAT/GRE scores, but we will look for additional evidence of excellence. (The test results should not be older than five years.)
- have TOEFL or IELTS test results. For internet-based TOEFL test, ERIM requires a total score of at least 100 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 23. A minimum score of 600 is required on paper-based TOEFL test. For IELTS, the minimum overall band score is 7.5 and all section scores (writing, speaking, reading, and listening) should be at least 6.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration up to five years.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
How to apply
All applicants are required to follow our online application process.
Additional information can be obtained from:
ERIM Fulltime PhD Doctoral Office
Other available Positions