Midlands4Cities Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership
AHRC (Arts and Humanities Research Council) funded studentships for doctoral researchers.
The Midlands4Cities Arts and Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership (M4C) is an AHRC-funded collaboration between the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University, University of Warwick, Coventry University, De Montfort University, University of Leicester, Nottingham Trent University and The University of Nottingham. M4C provides combined research expertise for the professional and personal development of the next generation of arts and humanities doctoral researchers. It delivers excellence in all aspects of research supervision and training and provides access to a wide range of facilities, cohort events and placement opportunities with regional, national and international partners in the cultural, creative and heritage sectors.
For 2024 entry Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership is offering up to 70 fully funded PhD studentships for eligible students in arts and humanities through an Open Competition and 16 studentships through Collaborative Doctoral Awards (CDA). CDA projects provide diverse and unique project opportunities with national, regional and local partner organisations.
You will benefit from:
- studentship funding and enhanced support for professional training
- expert supervision within and across our dynamic mix of university partners
- networking and collaboration across the Midlands, nationally and internationally
- access to a customised programme of research, employability and skills training
- placement opportunities with leading cultural organisations and creative economy partners
- for eligible students, the opportunity to apply for a Stuart Hall Foundation Fellowship
How to apply for funding:
To be considered for funding, you need to meet the eligibility criteria as detailed within M4C and UKRI (UK Research and Innovation) guidelines. You must also have applied for a place to study at one of the eight M4C universities. The deadline for applications for an AHRC-funded M4C studentship for 2024 entry is 10 January 2024 12.00 hours (UTC+0).
For full details of eligibility, funding, research supervision areas, CDA projects, application process and for dates of our November application writing workshops, please visit http://www.midlands4cities.ac.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org