Peoples' Friendship University of Russia (Moscow, Russian Federation)
Ph.D. program in Training Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills for Specific Purposes within Digitalization
The University was founded on 5th February, 1960 by then-Soviet Union Government. On February 5, 1992, by the decision of the Government of Russian Federation, the University was renamed to Peoples' Friendship University of Russia (RUDN university). Today RUDN University is the leader among the Russian higher education institutions in the percentage of international students in international rankings. Each year the university enrolls student of over 150 countries.
RUDN University is one of the best world class universities in Russia ranked by Times Higher Education World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings and Round University Ranking, taking 88th position in the QS ranking on Modern Languages, and reaching 176-200th place in Times Higher Education ranking on Education.
The course mission is to bring up and shape professionals who are competent and competitive to customize the contemporary digital world to diverse human needs in the field of multilingual communication and education.
This PhD program focuses on applied research, encourages researchers to explore and tailor educational policies and professional standards to emerging contexts, inspires students to design and customize training technologies to emerging realities, motivates researchers to provide managerial solutions to emerging societal trends and strands. The course suggests diverse career pathways.
Graduates can combine further studies and teaching, apply for administrative research and managerial positions at universities, national higher education agencies, corporate entities and government bodies as part of translation industry.
- The course research field is education and pedagogical sciences.
- All activities, including the Ph.D. thesis, are in English.
- The course is full-time, standard period of studies is 3 years.
- The program operates in the e-learning format, combines on-line lectures, tutorials, research seminars, and individual consultations with research supervisors.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world. If students prefer to stay in Russia, the education can be combined with University-based work.
- Students have free access to the University digital library and to the program disciplines training toolkits through the University digital learning management system.
- Professors of foreign partner universities engage in the curriculum development and its implementation.
- University campus dorms are located next door.
The program aims at students who ideally have some language-related degree. Nonetheless, students with other relevant backgrounds are welcome, as well. An applicant should pass an entrance exam for further enrollment. The exam is offered in the on-line mode, focuses on the key concepts within the paradigm of higher education and university-based foreign language, translation and interpreting skills training. Contact the course director to precise the details (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The annual admission procedure takes place between May 1st and October, 20th of the calendar year. However, the admission period may be extended under the individual learning plan upon the applicant’s request, if required under duly motivated reasons.
Classes start every October.
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement