PhD positions - Multiple Areas
PhD Call for applications 2021/2022
Deadline for applications: July 2, 2021
40 scholarships offered by the School of Advanced Studies at the University of Camerino (Italy), an Internationally renowned Research Institution, located in a small town in a rural environment in the green heart of Italy.
Applications accepted from both citizens of the European Union and non-citizens, in the following areas of scientific research:
Architecture, Design, Planning
- Architecture. Theories and Design
- Innovation Design
- Sustainable Urban Planning and Inland Areas Development Strategies
Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Biotechnology:
- Chemical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical and Food Sciences
Computer Science and Mathematics:
- Computer Science and Mathematics
Legal and social sciences:
- Civil Law and Constitutional Legality
- Fundamental Rights in the Global Society
Life and Health Sciences:
- Molecular Biology and Cellular Biotechnology
- One health (integrated approach to health focused on interactions between animals, humans and the environment with attention to inland valorization)
- Nutrition, Food and Health
Physics, Earth and Materials Sciences:
- Physical and Chemical Processes in Earth Systems
- Materials Sciences.
For more information about the PhD courses please click here.
The programs will begin on or before the date of 30 November 2021
Required skills and expertise
Based on the documentation produced by the candidate, especially as regards the research proposal, the Admissions Committee will apply the criteria set forth in the European Framework for Research Careers, for profile R1 (First stage researchers), and specifically:
- Carry out research under supervision;
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline;
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study;
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision;
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues.
The current amount of the scholarship is € 15,343.28 yearly, before social security and health insurance contributions, to be paid by the recipient. Extra financial assistance will be provided for the research activities abroad.
The Doctoral course is three years with a final thesis to be written in English that will be defended in front of a Final Examination Board, made up of professors in the relevant scientific areas.
In addition, doctoral candidates are expected to participate in training activities organized by the School of Advanced Studies, all in English, to acquire transferable skills, (such as communications skills, research career development, research management and project funding, methodological skills) and doctoral training in cooperation with industry and other relevant employment sectors.
Conducting some research in public or private laboratories external to the host University is strongly encouraged.
To attain the final qualification there should be at least six months experience at a foreign research or higher education Institution.
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement