PhD grants in Digital Science / Digital Society at Digital Systems for Humans Graduate school Université Côte d’Azur - France
Digital Systems for Humans (DS4H) is a graduate school and a pluridisciplinary research coordination structure focused on scientific, technological and human aspects of the digital world and the digital society. It is part of Université Côte d’Azur, one of the ten French most research-intensive universities.
In 2021, we are awarding 7 research grants in all domains of Digital Systems and the Digital Society, including 4 grants with thematic priorities:
- Digital and Social Sciences
- Digital and the Environment
- Artificial Intelligence, in partnership with the 3IA Côte d’Azur
- Neural and Cognitive Systems Modelling, in partnership with Neuromod Institute
Cutting-edge research subjects
Here are some topics open this year (list updated daily on our website until May, 2nd. Visit us regularly!):
AUTOMATIC CONTROL, SIGNAL, AND IMAGE PROCESSING
- Tensor Data Analysis and Machine Learning for Atrial Fibrillation Characterization
- Optimal resource allocation in mathematical models of micro-organisms under dynamic environmental conditions
- Spatio-temporal representation of large scale environments
- Coupling, synchronization, and control of cellular oscillators through mathematical modeling and analysis
- Situation Awareness and Decision Making for autonomous driving in urban environment
- Leveraging the wealth of available data for network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Identification of Dynamic Parameters for Gene Networks using Bio-inspired computation and Reinforcement Learning
- New Distributed Methods for Solving Large Markov Chains
- Génération de code source efficace pour le contrôle des systèmes synchrones critiques
- Emotion Detection using Deep Learning
- Logical Time for Safety-Critical Systems in an Uncertain Environment
- Colouring digraphs
- Evolution over time of the structure of social graphs
- Reconnaissance de programmes par réseaux de neurones et intelligence artificielle
- 3D Semantic reconstruction of urban scenes from satellite imagery
- Parametric Shape Approximation from 3D data measurements
- Formal evidence for motion planning
- Automatic generation of constrained text for the detection and monitoring of visual pathologies: Development of fundamental AI methods in automatic language processing
- Temporal Dysfunction Safety Analysis using Logical Time Constraints
- Data streaming and Batch Processing on Stamina: Optimizing the data processing path from the Kernel to the Middleware
- Measuring the Carbon Footprint of Internet Users and Services
- Efficient Scheduling of Uncertain Logical Clock Specifications
- Neuromorphic Visual Odometry for Intelligent Vehicles with a Bio-inspired Vision Sensor
- Neuromorphic Stereo Vision with Event Cameras
- Design of Smart and Integrated Antenna for CubeSat - Conception d'antenne reconfigurable et intégrée pour CubeSat
HUMAN AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Industrial IoT Ecosystems Structure and Management: Insights from Complementors Firms’ Adaptation
- Eye movements in response to different brain activities measured by eye-tracking: a prospective and modeling study
- The economics of fake news: a theoretical extension to the economics of digital platforms, and an application to rationalize the COVID-19 crisis polarization of social beliefs
- L’accompagnement au sein de l’hôpital : l’apport de la psychologie et des nouvelles technologies de réalité virtuelle dans la prise en charge médicale
Inspiring research environment
As a doctoral student at Université Côte d'Azur, you will be provided with a very high-quality hosting environment:
- Attractive salary: ~ 1947€ (net salary, annual gross ~40,7 k€) as monthly living allowance and additional money for conference travel and professional equipment.
- Excellent research environment including international-renowned laboratories and IT companies from Sophia Antipolis, the fast-paced European largest technopark.
- International networking: researchers from dozens of different nationalities work together in our laboratories and almost 70% of the PhD students are foreigners. Read more about worldwide Université Côte d’Azur...
- Optional minor courses to open to new domains and boost your career.
- Individual support from Université Côte d'Azur Welcome Center and PhD Study Center (housing, administrative procedures, child-care solutions, newcomers meetups...)
- ... and the world-envied French Riviera quality of life!
Find out more on ds4h.univ-cotedazur.eu/education/phd/phd2021
Deadline for application:
Interviews: from the beginning of May to mid-June.
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement