UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence for Medical Diagnosis and Care
50 funded PhD studentships will be available over the next 5 years for UK and EU students.
Building on the Leeds distinctive strength, depth and international excellence in multi-modal AI, and medical diagnosis and care, we will train cohorts of researchers equipped with the necessary skills to unlock the immense potential of AI within the health domain.
By focusing on cancer, training in scientific rigour and depth will be ensured, yet the researchers will be equipped with broad skills in AI to innovate in diagnosis and care - in cancer and beyond.
We work in close partnership with the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, providing an immersive NHS experience for students in health care, a vast repository of data, and extensive clinical input.
By working within LTHT, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe, you’ll be meeting patients and working with health professionals and clinical research teams on a routine basis enabling you to translate research into innovation within the NHS and global healthcare.
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an integrated four-year PhD and MSc in AI for Medical Diagnosis and Care.
What are the unique features and benefits of the studentship?
- Your PhD research will be supported by supervisors who are leading researchers and innovators in the area of AI and medical diagnosis and care
- During years 2-3 there is the opportunity for a 3-month placement with one of our industry or public-sector partners
- Where appropriate for individual research topics, there is the opportunity for short study visits with our international partner universities
- Work closely with health professionals and clinical research teams through our partnership with LTHT
- Participate in an annual CDT Conference, CDT seminar series, and annual Turing CDT conference
- Join in masterclasses organised jointly with The Alan Turing Institute on topics such as shaping policy for government, and journalistic communication
- Gain training on developing impact from research, responsible innovation, and broad research skills
A degree equivalent to a UK first class honours, or a high upper second class, in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Computing, Mathematics or Health discipline.
A full standard studentship, consisting of academic fees and a maintenance grant. See website for details.
Applications have now closed for this opportunity, please check back again at a later date for further information.
Visit our website: https://ai-medical.leeds.ac.uk
Why not add a message here
The information you submit to this university will only be used by them to deal with your enquiry. For more information on how we use your data, please read our privacy statement