Cardiff Business School invites applications for PhD study with the possibility of being awarded a fully-funded ESRC DTP Studentship, available to start in October 2020, which are available in the areas of:
Applications are invited from exceptional candidates with a first class or strong upper second class honours degree, or appropriate Masters' degree. We welcome applications for both full and part-time study, and studentships are available as either '1+3' (i.e. one full year of research training Masters followed by three years full-time Doctoral study, or the part-time equivalent), or '+3' (i.e. three years of full-time doctoral study or its part-time equivalent), depending on the needs of the applicant. Further details on types of awards. The closing deadline for application is Monday 3 February 2020 at 12 noon.
Studentship commence in October 2020 and cover your tuition fees, a maintenance grant (currently £15,009 p.a. for 2019/20 for full-time students); and access to an additional Research Training Support Grant (RTSG). Other opportunities may include overseas fieldwork allowance, internships, overseas institutional visits and other grants.
A completed application form should be submitted by Monday 3 February 2020 at 12 noon. In the funding section, please select “I will be applying for a scholarship/grant” and “ESRC Wales Doctoral Training Partnership”. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
1. Covering letter: Set out your reasons and motivation for applying to study at Cardiff University, your understanding and expectations of doctoral study; your academic interests; particularly those relating to your proposed research. The letter should be no more than two pages.
2. Academic / Professional Qualifications: Where appropriate, this should also include proof of English Language Competency (7.0 IELTS minimum).
3. References: Two academic references. Candidates must approach referees themselves and include references with their application.
4. Curriculum Vitae: It should be no longer than two pages.
5. Research Proposal: The proposal should be up to a maximum of 1000 words, not including bibliographic references. We suggest that you use the following headings in your proposal:
ESRC studentships are highly competitive. Candidates should have an excellent academic background in Business and Management, holding a 1st or strong upper 2nd class degree. Applications from those also holding a relevant research training Masters degree (or an equivalent background in research training) will be considered for a +3 award. Full awards (fees plus maintenance stipend) are open to UK Nationals and EU students who can satisfy UK residency requirements.
Mae'r rhaglen hon ar gael drwy gyfrwng y Saesneg yn unig. I wneud cais am wybodaeth yn Gymraeg, cysylltwch â'r Tîm Recriwtio Ôl-raddedigion ([email protected]).
FTE Category A staff submitted: 72.60
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities