The Department of Arts offers a rich research environment cultivating dialogues between practice-based and critical/historical/theoretical streams of cross-disciplinary research.
• Art History and Conservation
• Design History
• Creative and Cultural Industries Management
• Drama/Performing Arts
• Film and TV studies
• Fine Art
• Preventive Conservation
For further information see https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/academic-departments/arts/research/
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
· Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
· Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
· Applicants cannot apply for this funding if currently engaged in Doctoral study at Northumbria or elsewhere.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Northumbria University is an equal opportunities provider and in welcoming applications for studentships from all sectors of the community we strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups.
This is an unfunded research project