Contact for queries relating to academic proposals: Dr. Matthew Potter, [email protected]
The Department of Arts offers a rich research environment cultivating dialogues between practice-based and critical/historical/theoretical streams of cross-disciplinary research.
We are pleased to offer funded studentships including a full stipend, paid for three years at RCUK rates (for 2018/19, this is £14,777 pa) and full tuition fees. We welcome proposals in the following areas:
• Art History and Conservation
• Design History
• Creative and Cultural Industries Management
• Drama/Performing Arts
• Film and TV studies
• Fine Art
• Preventive Conservation
For further information see https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/academic-departments/arts/research/
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
· Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
· Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
· Applicants cannot apply for this funding if currently engaged in Doctoral study at Northumbria or elsewhere.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Northumbria University is an equal opportunities provider and in welcoming applications for studentships from all sectors of the community we strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups.
Applicants submitting proposals aligned to subject areas advertised who have sought refuge in the UK may be eligible for a Sanctuary Studentship – see further eligibility details
Please note: Applications that do not include a research proposal of approximately 1,000 words (not a copy of the advert), or that do not include the advert reference RDF19/ARTS will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: Friday 25 January 2019
Start Date: 1 October 2019
Some or all of the PhD opportunities in this programme have funding attached. Applications for this programme are welcome from suitably qualified candidates worldwide. Funding may only be available to a limited set of nationalities and you should read the full programme details for further information.