Deadline for Application: 15 September 2019
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in European Union Law (M/F)
Research project in European Union Law
• Ref: F2-110021 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
• Fixed- term 14 month initial contract, extendable to 36 month
• Full-time position, 40h/week
• Employee and student status
• The doctoral candidate will be working within the Research Unit of Law. The doctoral candidate is expected to contribute to research projects in the area of European Union Law.
• The candidate's main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of European Union Law, under the supervision of Professor Eleftheria Neframi. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised with another university.
• Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
For more information concerning this position, please contact
Prof. Eleftheria Neframi, email: [email protected]
• Master's degree in Law
• Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language.
• Fully-funded position with a competitive salary.
• Regular personal exchanges with the supervisor and the members of the thesis committee, and a high quality research environment provided by the Doctoral School in Law.
• An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
• Personal work space at the University.
• Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online, before September 15, 2019 and must include the following:
• A motivation letter.
• A research project (1000 – 1500 words)
• A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
• A transcript of concluded university studies.
• The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Some or all of the PhD opportunities in this programme have funding attached. Applications for this programme are welcome from suitably qualified candidates worldwide. Funding may only be available to a limited set of nationalities and you should read the full programme details for further information.