We aim to attract outstanding students to work under our supervision on cutting-edge research projects.
We invite expressions of interest for PhD positions in the School of Mathematical Sciences at University College Cork in any of the topics listed below. Following the internal selection process, successful applicants will be supported to apply for the Irish Research Council (IRC) Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship to secure funding for a specific research project agreed with a potential supervisor. The School will provide support and guidance for the write-up and submission of these IRC scholarship applications, which are due in Autumn 2021.
List of Topics:
1. Network Science
2. Dynamics of Infection and Contagion Processes
3. Dynamics and Machine Learning
4. Analysis of DDEs
5. Analysis of PDEs
6. Nonlinear waves
7. Dynamical Systems and Bifurcation Theory (laser systems, energy harvesting, climate)
8. Tipping Points (climate, ecology, healthcare)
9. Harmonic Analysis and Integral Transforms
10. Stochastic Filtering with applications in Quantitative Finance
11. Stochastic differential and difference equations; computational stochastics; applications including in finance.
12. Differential Geometry and Integrable Systems
13. Distributional symmetries and invariance principles in noncommutative probability
14. Functional data analysis of human performance and biomechanics data
15. Development and application of statistical methods for studies of dental and oral health, including large-scale cross-sectional studies, longitudinal studies and clinical trials
16. Statistical modelling and machine learning for characterisation of patient risk from medical imaging data
Please see last year's call in https://research.ie/funding/goipg/?f=postgraduate to familiarise yourself with the type of this call.
Submit your Expression of Interest (Eol)
Please submit your Expression of Interest with a CV and transcript of your university results to date by email to email@example.com stating clearly in which one of the above topics you would like to submit an application.
You will be contacted if you successfully go through the internal selection process.