About the Programme
UEA's Faculty of Arts and Humanities invites applications for doctoral studentships for entry in October 2020.
Areas of study include:
- American Studies
- Art History
- Film, Television and Media Studies
- Language, Communication and Translation Studies
- Literature, Drama and Creative Writing
- Museum and Heritage Studies
- Political, Social and International Studies
Studentship funding for these subjects is available from two sources:
- CHASE AHRC studentship funding, which is available to eligible candidates (usually UK/EU nationals who have been based in the UK for the three years to 1 October 2020)
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities studentship funding, which is available to all applicants.
Full studentship funding includes the payment of tuition fees and a stipend (currently £15,009 per year). Eligibility criteria for CHASE AHRC funding can be found at https://www.chase.ac.uk/eligibility-1. Applicants based in the EU but outside the UK may only be eligible for a fees-only CHASE studentship (which does not pay a stipend).
The deadline for these studentships has now passed.
A number of funded and self-funded PhD projects are offered throughout the academic year. Further projects will be advertised in due course.
We welcome applications from students with their own funding all year - please enquire for further information
South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS) ESRC studentships
The Faculty also invites applications for SeNSS studentship funding in the following areas of study:
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Anthropology
SeNSS funds integrated 1+3 (Master's & PhD) studentships as well as ‘stand-alone' doctorates.
Further details of SeNSS studentships, including eligibility criteria and the application process, can be found at https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/research-degrees/phds-and-studentships/doctoral-training-partnerships/senss-dtp-studentships
Enquiries should be addressed to UEA's Postgraduate Research Service: [email protected]
Tel: (01603) 591709
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.