Marketing and Reputation at Henley Business School offers 4 fully-funded PhD scholarships for September 2020 entry.
Join high calibre doctoral students from more than 25 countries across the world and study at a triple-accredited global business school. Henley Business School is ideally located, set on the beautiful Reading University campus, just 25 minutes by train from London. During your studies you will benefit from dedicated supervision, impressive facilities and high-quality support.
We have one of the three biggest PhD programmes worldwide with approximately 20 Marketing and Reputation students, supervised by more than 15 faculty members engaged in marketing, reputation and governance research. We provide you with an outstanding research environment, conducive to the production of world-class research, and to the education of academics who consistently take up faculty positions in a range of universities and research roles in public and private institutions. The programme emphasises:
• Formal research training (PhD/Masters level courses in year 1)
• Flexibility to meet individual needs
• Student-staff interaction
• Timely completion of the degree
As part of your personal development, you will be encouraged to engage in teaching (formal training provided), research activities, conferences and events around the world.
The application deadline for scholarships is the 30th April 2020.
You should have obtained a Masters degree at distinction level in a relevant area from an internationally recognised university. Relevant research and/or industry experience may also be considered.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to submit a research proposal. Prior to your submission, you may wish to discuss your proposal with an individual faculty member working in the area, though please avoid contacting multiple faculty members.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PhD
The application process normally consists of three main steps:
1. Formal application (incl. research proposal, CV, transcripts and reference letters)
2. Shortlisting based on the submitted documents
3. Formal interview
For fees (covered if fully funded), please visit the Graduate School website.
Within Marketing and Reputation we work in several research areas that you can access through our webpage:
• Customer experience, especially relating to technology
• Relational dynamics in markets
• Emerging consumer cultures, particularly non-Western contexts
• Corporate responsibility and wellbeing
• Decision-making within a stakeholder environment
• The impact of the reputation of leaders and leadership teams on organisations
• Board of directors, shareholder engagement adn director independence
• Board performance and value delivery
• Responsibility and accountability of the board, board sustainability and resilience
• Relationship of the firm to government
The list is not exhaustive, so we suggest that you also access individual academic profiles to align your interest with the departmental research agenda.
The PhD opportunities on this programme do not have funding attached. You will need to have your own means of paying fees and living costs and / or seek separate funding from student finance, charities or trusts.