We are recognised for our knowledge and expertise in the following areas: • Undertaking applied research and evaluation, to inform policy and practice and the delivery of social care and multi-disciplinary services
• Engaging Participant Expert by Experience Researchers in the design and conduct of studies
• Evaluating strengths-based practice to improve social work practice (e.g. motivational interviewing and systemic practice)
• Safeguarding children and young people from child sexual exploitation and other forms of abuse
• Contextual safeguarding
• Research with children looked after and young people negotiating the transition from care to adulthood
• Empirical studies of youth crime and victimisation, policing, the operation of the youth justice and community safety services
• Establishing new ways of understanding the complexities of migration and trafficking
• Understanding the extent of alcohol-related harm and exploring what alcohol treatment approaches work best with older people who misuse alcohol.
The PhD opportunities on this programme do not have funding attached. You will need to have your own means of paying fees and living costs and / or seek separate funding from student finance, charities or trusts.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.