The University is now offering PhD opportunities at International Business School Suzhou, and we welcome applications from high caliber candidates interested in pursuing a research degree in the areas listed below:
Behavioural and Experimental Economics, Mathematical Economics, Labour Economics, Political Economy, Energy Economics, Macroeconomics and Finance, Economic Development, Regional Economics, Urban Economics, Health Economics, Economic Sociology, Tourism Economics
Accounting and Finance
Financial Technology, Big data analytics for accounting and finance, Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Corporate Governance and Managerial Control, Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing, Market Microstructure, Derivatives and Commodity Markets, Financial Economics, Financial Econometrics, International Finance
Operations and Supply Chain, Strategy and Optimisation, Marketing and Communication, International Business and Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour, Management information systems, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
We accept a wide variety of academic qualifications for entry onto our PhD programme. The typical minimum entry requirement is a UK undergraduate (bachelors) degree with honours at a first or upper second class level in an appropriate field of study. Equivalent overseas degrees are also accepted.
Applicants whose first language is not English or have not studied at degree level in English are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Information on Entry Requirements can be found at: https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/study-with-us/admissions/entry-requirements
PhD programme and Degree
PhD programmes at the XJTLU are composed of 3 years research and submission is expected within 3 years for full-time students. PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University China(XJTLU) and University of Liverpool (UoL). Upon successful completion, students will be awarded University of Liverpool PhD degree.
How to apply
Interested applicants are advised to email to [email protected]
with the word of “IBSS” in the subject line as well as the following documents for initial review and assessment:
• Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• A Research Proposal in English (1,000-3,500 words), written according to criteria listed in the Research Proposal Template: https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/assets/files/scholarships/XJTLU-Research-Proposal-Template.pdf
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available.
First round – applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 October will be reviewed in the first round and decision will be announced in December.
Second round – applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 April will be reviewed in the second round and decision will be announced in June.
For more details about scholarship application, please refer to the scholarship website: (https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/study-with-us/admissions/scholarships