This profile is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
A project with Dr Jacqueline Visconti will focus on any aspect of Italian linguistics, including historical and sociolinguistic accounts, excluding phonetics, morphology and generative syntax.
To find out more about studying for a PhD at the University of Birmingham, including full details of the research undertaken in the School, the funding opportunities available for your subject, and guidance on making your application, you can order a copy of our Doctoral Research Prospectus, at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/drp
Monographs and editorships
1. I connettivi condizionali complessi in italiano e inglese. Uno studio contrastivo, Edizioni dell'Orso, Alessandria, 2000.
2. (ed.) Speech Acts in Legal Language, Special Issue of the Journal of Pragmatics, 41/3, 2009.
3. (ed. with Maj-Britt Mosegaard Hansen) Current Trends in Diachronic Semantics and Pragmatics, Studies in Pragmatics, Oxford, Emerald, 2009.
4. (ed.) Lingua e diritto, Milano: LED, 2010.
5. (with S. Ferreri et al.) Document quality control in public administrations and international organizations, Luxembourg, Publication Office of the European Union, 2013.
6. (ed. with Maj-Britt Mosegaard Hansen), The Diachrony of Negation, Amsterdam Philadelphia, John Benjamins, 2014.
7. “On the Origins of Scalar Particles in Italian”, Journal of Historical Pragmatics, 6: II, 2005, 237-261.
8. “The role of lexical semantics in semantic change”, Acta Linguistica Hafniensa 38, 2006, 207-234.
9. “From ‘textual' to ‘interpersonal': on the diachrony of the Italian particle mica”, Journal of Pragmatics, 41/5, 2009, 937-950.
10. “On legal translation: connectives from a comparative perspective", Revista General de Derecho Público Comparado. vol. 6, 2010, 13-31.
11. (with M-B Mosegaard Hansen), The evolution of negation in French and Italian: Similarities and differences . Folia linguistica, 2012, pp. 118-140, 2012.
12. European integration: connectives in EU legislation, International Journal of Applied linguistics, vol. 23/1, 2013, pp. 44-59.
13. Facets of Subjectification, Language Sciences, vol. 36/1, 2013, pp. 7-17.
You can search for sources of funding at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgfunding
For details of the funding available and advice on making your application, please contact: