Leeds Business School
Part of Leeds Beckett University, Leeds Business School has an excellent reputation and strong commitment to research and knowledge exchange, impact on business growth and sustainability locally, nationally, and internationally.
Students at Leeds Business School are part of a diverse, supportive community, alongside researchers and lecturers with extensive industry experience.
Our research programmes
Leeds Business School is open to applications for two research student awards, the DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration) and the PhD.
Applications are encouraged across all six of our subject areas. We are particularly interested to receive applications that directly link to the Sustainable Business Research Institute (SuBRI) and address one or more of the school's research themes:
- Enterprise Innovation Management and Competitiveness
- Management Education, Employment and Skills
- Retail, Innovation and Consumer Studies
- Leadership, Governance and Responsibility
- Strategic Communication
- Economics, International Business and Finance
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Create practical solutions to address complex business challenges with the DBA
With a focus on the development of knowledge with practical application, our DBA is designed to support leaders, managers and professionals in industry to address real business issues in a contextual setting. Delivered part-time, the programme allows you to combine the managerial demands of your career with your drive to gain a professional doctorate, the highest level of professional qualification available in business and management.
Our DBA gives you the opportunity to join like-minded individuals and be part of an ever-developing relationship between academia and business, creating a valued learning experience whilst developing novel solutions to key challenges and making a real contribution to your chosen field.
The DBA will enable you to:
- Make an original contribution to the enhancement of professional practice
- Apply original thought to managerial-level practice
- Conceptualise current research literature to identify gaps in knowledge
- Demonstrate sound understanding of techniques to undertake research
- Develop key skills in constructing research instruments (quantitative or qualitative)
- Demonstrate advanced research analysis skills (for both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Develop ability in judgement, foresight and problem analysis when assessing original research material derived from empirical research
- Develop academic writing skills to enable you to submit researched work for publication, ensuring it satisfies peer review and merits a contribution to knowledge by extending the boundaries of professional practice
- Clearly articulate your thesis to meet the academic standards of a doctoral award
Discover more at www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/dba
How to apply for Self-funded Research Award (PhD, Professional Doctorate)
Further information regarding research and the downloadable application form can be found on our website at http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/the-graduate-school/research-degrees-at-leeds-beckett/how-to-apply/
If you would like to discuss your initial ideas, please contact Dr Moade Shubita, PG Research Student Programme Director or The Graduate School
For further information please visit https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/the-graduate-school/