The PhD in Language Learning and Assessment programme at the Centre for English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA - https://www.beds.ac.uk/crella) is a self-directed programme, based on a research proposal that you design yourself. You will be fully supported by your supervisory team and the University's Research Graduate School.
Led by Professor Anthony Green, the CRELLA team has won national and international recognition as a centre of excellence for research into language learning and assessment and as the source of a socio-cognitive validation framework that leading institutions around the world use as a basis for assessment design and validation.
As a graduate of this programme, you will be well qualified for positions in academia, with test providers and examination boards in the public and private sector; including positions in government ministries, universities, consultancies and testing organisations. Graduates from our programme have taken leading roles at test development organisations such as Cambridge English Language Assessment and the British Council as well as at prestigious universities worldwide.
Our team of world-leading researchers welcomes applications in the following areas:
• Academic literacy and language proficiency
• Aligning tests to frameworks such as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
• Assessing language skills across the proficiency spectrum
• Cognitive processing in language tests
• Computer technologies in language learning and assessment
• Developing assessment literacy among test stakeholders
• The construct(s) of language proficiency
To get in touch with your questions, or for guidance on preparing a research proposal, please contact us: https://www.beds.ac.uk/crella/about/contactus/enq/
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.