About the Programme
Founded in 1881, HEC Paris, is one of the world’s top research schools in economics and management sciences and is consistently ranked among the top institutions in business. See recent rankings here.
The HEC Paris PhD in management is your gateway to a career in research and academia. Our program will provide you with in-depth knowledge of a particular field of management research, solid training in research methods, as well as hands-on experience in collecting and analyzing data, writing and presenting papers, academic networking, and publishing research. By joining our PhD Program, you do not only benefit from academic and financial support, you also join our vibrant community of top faculty researchers who push the boundaries of knowledge by producing the highest quality research to have an impact on pedagogy, management practices, public policies and society at large.
The HEC Paris PhD Program offers a national recognized integrated Master of Management Sciences and awards the national degree «Doctorat ès-sciences de gestion» accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
Every HEC PhD Student benefits from:
- A five-year program fully taught in English with intensive training in research domains and methods, as well as professional development courses
- Choice of seven specializations : Accounting and Management Control, Economics and Decision Sciences, Finance, Management and Human Resouces, Marketing, Information Systems and Operations Management and Strategy and Business Policy
- Close mentoring by research-driven HEC Paris Faculty
- Financial support for conference presentations in the leading academic conferences and for research visits in international institutions
- Living stipend funded by the HEC Foundation of 23.000€/year for up to 5 year
- 100% tuition waiver for up to 5 years
- Extra income opportunities through research or teaching assistantships
- Special additional Fellowships in Strategy and Business Policy and Economics and Decision Sciences. Read more here
- On-campus housing.
Who we look for:
Applicants must show a clear ambition to become top researchers in international academic institutions and:
- hold a university degree (Bachelor or Master) or equivalent in any field (sciences, engineering, political science, etc)
- be fluent in English
- have an outstanding academic record
- be highly motivated to study at one of the world's best research business schools.
Online application process:
A complete application should include
- All required documents (CV, diplomas, transcripts, etc.)
- Personal statement
- All research material that can add value to your application
- GMAT or GRE
- TOEFL or IELTS
- Two academic recommendation letters
Application deadline, 2021 intake:
Applications are welcome until April 20, 2021. Start your application here
Join the HEC Paris Virtual Open Day and sign up for the PhD information session on March 6, 11.30am (French time). Sign up here.
Coming from all continents, our small group of PhD students represent a perfect balance of gender (46% women), origin (76% international, 18 nationalities), academic background, and disciplinary training. See who they are here.
Today, our alumni hold academic positions in top institutions worldwide including Bocconi, Cambridge Judge Business School, CEIBS, Columbia University, EGADE, Fundação Getulio Vargas, Harvard Business School, HKUST, IESE Business School, INSEAD, London Business School, London School of Economics, McGill University-Desautels, MIT Sloan School of Business, Oxford University-Saïd, Paris School of Economics, Princeton University, Singapore Management University, The Warton School, Tilburg University, University of Michigan-Ross, University of Auckland. Learn more about first placement here.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.