Marketing and Reputation at Henley Business School offers 4 fully-funded PhD scholarships for September 2019 entry.
Join high calibre doctoral candidates from more than 25 countries across the world and study at a triple-accredited global business school. Henley Business School is ideally located, set on a beautiful campus, just 25 minutes by train from London. During your studies you will benefit from dedicated supervision, impressive facilities and high-quality support.
We have one of the three biggest PhD programmes worldwide with approximately 20 Marketing and Reputation students (130 in the whole business school), supervised by more than 15 faculty members engaged in marketing, reputation and governance research. We provide you with an outstanding research environment, conducive to the production of world-class research, and to the education of academics who consistently take up faculty positions in a range of universities and research roles in public and private institutions. The programme emphasises:
• Formal research training (PhD/Masters level courses in year 1)
• Flexibility to meet individual needs
• Student-staff interaction
• Timely completion of the degree
As part of your personal development, you will be encouraged to engage in teaching (formal training provided), research activities, conferences and events around the world.
The 4 fully-funded PhD scholarships are awarded based on the quality of your research proposal, outstanding academic merit and two reference letters (preferably from academics). The closing date for funding applications is 30 April 2019.
You should have obtained a Masters degree at distinction level in a relevant area from an internationally recognised university. Relevant research and/or industry experience may also be considered.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to submit a research proposal. Prior to your submission, you may wish to discuss your proposal with an individual faculty member working in the area, though please avoid contacting multiple faculty members.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PhD
The application process normally consists of three main steps:
1. Formal application (incl. research proposal, CV, transcripts and reference letters)
2. Shortlisting based on the submitted documents
3. Formal interview
For fees (covered if fully funded), please visit the Graduate School website.
Within Marketing and Reputation we work in several research areas that you can access through our webpage:
• Customer experience, especially relating to technology
• Relational dynamics in markets
• Emerging consumer cultures, particularly non-Western contexts
• Corporate responsibility and wellbeing
• Decision-making within a stakeholder environment
• The impact of the reputation of leaders and leadership teams on organisations
• Board of directors, shareholder engagement and director independence
• Board performance and value delivery
• Responsibility and accountability of the board, board sustainability and resilience
• Relationship of the firm to government
The list is not exhaustive, so we suggest that you also access individual academic profiles to align your interest with the departmental research agenda.
Some or all of the PhD opportunities in this programme have funding attached. Applications for this programme are welcome from suitably qualified candidates worldwide. Funding may only be available to a limited set of nationalities and you should read the full programme details for further information.