Join high calibre doctoral students from all around the world and study at a triple-accredited global business school. Henley Business School is ideally located, set on the beautiful Reading University campus, just 25 minutes by train from London. During your studies you will benefit from dedicated supervision, impressive facilities and high-quality support.
We have one of the three biggest PhD programmes worldwide engaged in marketing, reputation and governance research. We provide you with an outstanding research environment, conducive to the production of world-class research, and to the education of academics who consistently take up faculty positions in a range of universities and research roles in public and private institutions. The programme emphasises:
• Formal research training (PhD/Masters level courses in year 1)
• Flexibility to meet individual needs
• Student-staff interaction
• Timely completion of the degree
As part of your personal development, you will be encouraged to engage in teaching (formal training provided), research activities, conferences and events around the world.
Henley Business School scholarships are available for the 2021-22 academic year. They are fully-funded scholarships covering tuition and maintenance, and will be awarded based on academic merit.
For more funding opportunities, please visit the Graduate School website.
You should have obtained a Masters degree at distinction level in a relevant area from an internationally recognised university. Relevant research and/or industry experience may also be considered.
As part of the application process you will also be asked to submit a research proposal. Prior to your submission, you may wish to discuss your proposal with an individual faculty member working in the area, though please avoid contacting multiple faculty members.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PhD
The application process normally consists of three main steps:
1. Formal application (incl. research proposal, CV, transcripts and reference letters)
2. Shortlisting based on the submitted documents
3. Formal interview
For fees (covered if fully funded), please visit the Graduate School website.
Within Marketing and Reputation we work in several research areas that you can access through our webpage:
• Customer experience, especially relating to technology
• Relational dynamics in markets
• Emerging consumer cultures, particularly non-Western contexts
• Corporate responsibility and wellbeing
• Decision-making within a stakeholder environment
• The impact of the reputation of leaders and leadership teams on organisations
• Board of directors, shareholder engagement and director independence
• Board performance and value delivery
• Responsibility and accountability of the board, board sustainability and resilience
• Relationship of the firm to government.
The list is not exhaustive, so we suggest that you also access individual academic profiles to align your interest with the departmental research agenda.
Please visit our website for full details. If you have any further questions, please contact Karen Burke, our Postgraduate Research Administrator by email at email@example.com.