Qualification type: MPhil / PhD
Location: Uxbridge, London
Mode of study: Full-time and Part-time
Welcoming environment for research students Research students
are welcomed to Brunel as valued members of our thriving, research-intensive community. We work closely with our PhD candidates and supervisors to ensure that our PhD students get exceptional experience and achieve excellence in their research. We particularly welcome students who have a solid academic background in relevant subject fields, evidenced by their past grade performance.
Our research is focused in our five research areas: Economic Development and Institutions, Empirical Finance, Accountancy, Corporate Governance and Macroeconomics, and Health Economics. Within each group we have built a broad base of skills that allow us to respond to the ever-changing research environment. Each group encourages and supports individual researchers, from those just starting out as PhD students to those who have reached the highest levels of achievement.
Economics and Finance
- Brunel Macroeconomics Research Centre: Money and Banking; Finance and Growth, Macroeconomic Dynamics; Labour and International Economics; Financial Regulation.
- Centre for Economic Development and Institutions: country's economic performance as affected by its institutions - institutions that function to secure property rights, govern firms, allocate credit, redistribute wealth, select political leaders, and so on.
- Centre for Empirical Finance: Financial Econometrics; Risk Modelling; Micro Finance; International Finance; Computational Finance.
- Centre for Accounting, Finance and Corporate Governance Studies: corporate finance, securities investment, financial accounting, corporate governance, financial markets and institutions including banks and insurance firms
- Health Economics: Evaluation of health technologies; economics of public health; measurement and valuation of healthcare outcome; evaluation of the payback from expenditure on research
Find out more
Working with your supervisory team
Research environment for PhD students
Life as a research student at Brunel University London
How to apply
Further information about the PhDs and the application process can be found here:
Economics and Finance: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/PhD-Economics-and-Finance
Health Economics: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/PhD-Health-Economics
For general enquiries, please contact us here
We offer a range of PhD studentships, partial scholarships, and academic prizes, to help with your research fees. Find out more here: View Website