Welcoming environment for research students
You are very welcome to undertake your PhD or MPhil in all aspects of Economics and Statistics applied to ‘health' in its broadest sense. This covers health research, health promotion, public health, global health, health care law and ethics, health and social policy, and health services research.
Drawing on the expertise of over 200 staff from across UCL's departments, we take a unique cross-disciplinary approach to global health economics and decision science in both our research and teaching, responding to the fact that health problems – and their solutions – are influenced by the social environment as well as medical innovation. IGH offers a range of high quality teaching programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Experienced staff have created innovative programmes in global health and international child health, uniting traditional public health concerns with economics, law, philosophy, geography, anthropology and other disciplines. In addition to the learning opportunities available within IGH, students have access to a wide range of seminars and lectures throughout UCL. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/igh
• Economic Evaluation of public health programmes / interventions / policies, specifically related to behaviour change interventions
• Public health policy analyses
• Measurement and valuation of health
• Research evaluation, including payback from research
Statistics and Health Economics
• Ageing healthily – understanding beliefs and behaviours that impact on healthy ageing
• Good care – developing effective ways of social care and transport and financial services
• Ethical and legal issues – advance care planning and detecting and preventing financial elder abuse
Closing date: 15 August 2019
Interviews: Week of 2 September 2019
For general enquiries, please contact: Dr Jolene Skordis
Student fees will be paid at Home/EU or International rate, with a stipend at £20k per annum