NHH Norwegian School of Economics is one of the leading business schools in Europe. We are internationally recognised for our research environment, and we educate the leaders of the future. NHH is the first choice for students who want to study economics and business administration in Norway. We have about 3,600 students and 450 employees.
At NHH we work together for sustainable value creation. High quality, solid ethic standards and efforts for common goals characterise all our activities. Our core values committed, open and ambitious are central for employees and students.
NHH – for you who aspire to more!
The PhD specialisation
NHH is pleased to announce vacancies at the Department of Business and Management Science. Candidates admitted to the PhD programme will receive the title of PhD Research Scholar.
The Department of Business and Management Science is responsible for a specialisation in the NHH PhD programme. The specialisation has two tracks:
- Core courses in econometrics, microeconomics, scientific methods
- Elective courses in economics, finance, or optimisation
- Dissertation on a topic in business economics, industrial organisation, public finance, asset management, risk analysis, shipping economics, or the economics of natural resources
- Core courses in optimisation, microeconomics, scientific methods
- Elective courses in operations research, optimisation, statistics, data science
- Dissertation on a topic in logistics, operations management, utilisation of natural resources, shipping, predictive modelling, or climate risk
Elements from the two tracks can be combined.
For more information about the Department of Business and Management Science and its research profile, visit the department’s website.
Start date: August 2024
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for the PhD programme.
For more information on the PhD programme and the submission procedure, please consult the NHH PHD website. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that applicants for the PhD research scholar position do not need to apply separately for admission to the PhD programme.
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
In accordance with §25 (2) of the Freedom of Information Act, note that the list of applicants may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his/her name entered on the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected.
For questions and inquiries about the NHH PhD programme, please contact email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online. To open the application, please click ‘Apply for this job’. For English version, go to the menu at the top right side.
Application deadline: 15 January 2024