This profile is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
Applications throughout the world are invited for a three-year fully funded (to cover tuition fee) full-time PhD studentship in the Bang College Business at the KIMEP University, Almaty, Kazakhstan - the oldest and the largest North American-style University in Central Asia. KIMEP is an independent not-for-profit educational institution serving a multicultural and multinational student body. It is situated on a modern campus in the center of Almaty, the largest city in Kazakhstan.
The PhD Program is offered in the following fields: Accounting, Finance, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Information Management, Management, and Marketing.
The scholarships are open to all applicants all over the world.
The scholarship is conditional on maintaining full-time enrollment in your course at KIMEP University. So, scholarship-awarded PhD students must enroll in the program on a full-time basis.
Enrollment as a full-time candidate requires a minimum commitment of 35 to 40 hours per week. If candidates have work or other commitments that prevent them from devoting at least 35 hours to their candidature a week (including attendance at the University for lectures, seminars, practical work and consultation with their supervisor as required) they should enrol as a part-time candidate.
Who should apply?
Applicants with a master's qualification in any field will be considered, but particularly those with backgrounds in the areas noted above.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria: the quality of the research proposal, and the quality of the applicant's academic qualification.
Applicant Requirements for admission:
• A master's degree or equivalent from a nationally attested or internationally recognized university
• Official IELTS score of at least overall 6.5 for scholarship, (IELTS 5.5 for self-funded candidates) and/or other equivalent certificates.
• Ideally three years of experience in a corporate, government, academia or non-profit organization.
• A research proposal that states your research ideas, issues and questions, your area of research interest and how you propose to undertake your research. To develop a successful proposal, you need to be familiar with current research in the area – identifying gaps in the research literature can be a way of finding an original research topic.
• A professional resume
• At least two professional letters of recommendation (after Skype/face-to-face interview)
For on-line application please visit: https://www.kimep.kz/ext/application/online/en-US/
Download Research Proposal Form here: https://www.kimep.kz/bang-college-of-business/files/2018/02/PhD-Research-Proposal-Form.docx and
Abstract Form here: https://www.kimep.kz/bang-college-of-business/files/2018/02/PhD-Research-Proposal-Abstract.doc
Closing date: 28 February 2020
For further information, please contact Dr. Dewan Md Zahurul Islam, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Research Director email@example.com or Mrs. Lazzat Tashanova, Graduate Programs Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Admissions office https://kimep.kz/prospective-students/admission/, or see information on web-site: https://kimep.kz/bang-college-of-business/doctor-of-philosophy-program-phd/
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.