About the Programme
The Department of Management in the Sheffield Business School (SBS) translates research activity into high quality and accessible outputs that inform policy and practice and which enrich our education programmes.
This means that we:
• enhance student experience by producing case studies that inform our teaching practice
• write textbooks that provide academic frameworks that students and practitioners can use
• work with international communities by speaking at conferences, publishing in international journals and engaging with international research networks
• undertake high impact client driven research projects in the UK & internationally for corporate clients, NGOs, government bodies and third sector organisations.
To achieve these things, we collaborate with other departments, faculties and institutions so as to have impact across sectorial, institutional, national and cultural boundaries.
We invite applications for research study in any of our research strengths:
• Entrepreneurship and International Entrepreneurship,
• Diversity of international workplaces
• Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
• Foreign Direct Investment
• Innovation and Inter-organisational collaboration
• Emerging markets
People, Work and Organisation:
• Organising and managing work for social, cooperative and voluntary action
• Human Resource Management Performance
• Coaching/ Mentoring
• Intercultural Communication and Cultural Intelligence
• Employer Relations or Employment Law;
• Low pay and the Living Wage
• International HRM in Multinational Enterprises;
Marketing and Business Strategy:
• Marketing for positive social change
• The dark side of marketing and consumer behaviour in the digital world
• Psychological aspects of consumer judgments and decision-making
• Influence, persuasion and communication
A PhD with us offers you a brilliant opportunity to develop your research skills and knowledge to create a real impact either in academia, public sector, private sector or as an entrepreneur. We have a vibrant international community of research students, academics and support staff, and a 30-year history of delivering high-quality postgraduate research that places a strong emphasis on close supervision and support.
Join us in your search for new thinking because:
• We have extensive expertise in creating new knowledge and applying business research to solve real world problems
• You will be supervised by vibrant community of academics who are driven by the discovery of new knowledge
• Your research will be conducted alongside a diverse community of doctoral researchers from the globe who bring a wealth of international experience
• Our reputation for excellence is recognised through our high-quality research training and the support we offer our doctoral students.
How to apply
Information on entry requirements, tuition fees and other costs can be found here https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/business-and-management/phd-sheffield-business-school-management-finance-service-sector/full-time
For general and application enquiries about our PhDs in Business and Management, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.