The Faculty of Economics and Administration at the Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic) is inviting PhD applicants who would like to focus on topics in the field of business management, human resources management or business informatics. Students and recent graduates with a background in management, business administration, human resources management, business informatics, informatics, finance, psychology, and related disciplines are invited to apply.
Successful applicants will work within a research group at the Faculty of Economics and Administration. You will be supervised by one of senior scholars from the research group. PhD students initially receive a minimal fellowship of 15,500 CZK (approx. 600 EUR) per month for 24 months. After successful defense of their research proposal and submitting first research outcomes, minimal funding of 18,000 CZK (approx. 700 EUR) per month is extended for additional 24 months. In addition, there is a possibility to apply for travel allowances, to participate in a students' grant competition with a high success rate and to participate in research projects with external funding. We typically arrange for PhD students to spend at least one semester at another university in Europe. There is no tuition fee.
The ideal candidate:
• must have completed MA degree in Management, Business administration, Human resources management, Business informatics, Informatics, Finance, Psychology or related fields by July 2022;
• must be well versed in statistics and quantitative research methods and techniques;
• must demonstrate attention to detail, and combine integrity, creativity, efficiency and a willingness to cooperate with colleagues;
• must be passionate about empirical research with applications in business management, business informatics and related fields;
• must possess good communication and presentation skills; he/she must be fluent in English (both written and spoken);
Previous (research) experience, although not required, is considered an advantage.
In terms of current capacity and planned research projects, we are currently seeking PhD candidates for the following supervisors and topics:
Dr. Ahad Zare Ravasan (Business informatics, Publons):
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencies (sustainability/adoption at institutional and individual level)
- Artificial intelligence and business data analysis
- Covid-19 and digital transformation
Dr. Jakub Procházka (HRM and managerial psychology, Publons):
- Positive Human Resources Management (leadership, resilience, well-being, psychological capital)
- Experiments on motivation and decision making of employees and consumers
To apply, please submit your application package, including:
• Letter of application (motivation, areas of expertise, research interests, and experience)
• Complete CV
to the perspective supervisor. Dr. Zare Ravasan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Business informatics and dr. Jakub Prochazka (email@example.com) for Human resources management and Managerial psychology. You can also find another potential supervisors and topics here.
In order to apply, it is mandatory to fill in our online application which is available here. A fee for one application at the Faculty of Economics and Administration is 600 CZK.
Nearest application deadline:
30th November 2022, 23:59 (course start date in February 2023)
In case of any questions regarding the PhD programmes in general or the application process, please contact Lucie Přikrylová (firstname.lastname@example.org).