The Faculty of Economics and Administration at the Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic) is inviting PhD applicants who would like to complete a PhD in the field of business management with a specialization in digital marketing or customer satisfaction. Students and recent graduates with a background in management, business administration, and related disciplines are invited to apply.
Successful applicants will work within the Department of Business Management.
The ideal candidate:
- must have completed MA/MSc degree in Management, Business administration, or related fields before the beginning of the course;
- must be well versed in statistics and quantitative research methods and techniques;
- must demonstrate attention to detail, and combine integrity, creativity, efficiency, and a willingness to cooperate with colleagues;
- must be passionate about empirical research with applications in business management, business informatics, and related fields;
- must possess good communication and presentation skills; he/she must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
Previous (research) experience, although not required, is considered an advantage.
In terms of current capacity and planned research projects, we are currently seeking PhD candidates for the following supervisors and topics:
Dušan Mladenović, Ph.D.
Expert in digital marketing focusing on electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) and online consumer behavior. Quantitative researcher experienced in experimental research. Member of a European collaboration research network focused on eWOM.
- Effectiveness of Electronic Word of Mouth
- The multilayered impact of generative AI on electronic Word of Mouth
Prateek Kalia, Ph.D.
Expert in marketing management focusing on consumer behavior and technology, including electronic commerce, digital retail, electronic service quality, human-computer interactions, and smartphone use. The author of novel smartphone user classification metrics called Cellulographics©.
- Emerging technologies (such as Generative AI-Chat GPT) and electronic service quality in electronic commerce.
- Immersive technologies (such as augmented, and virtual reality) and buying behavior.
Petr Suchánek, Ph.D.
Expert in business management and marketing focusing on customer satisfaction, financial performance of enterprises, customer lifetime value, and the use of artificial intelligence by university students. Quantitative researcher experienced in surveys and financial analysis.
- Customer satisfaction and financial performance of enterprises.
- Modeling Customer lifetime value.
If you wish to apply, please check the profiles of potential supervisors and submit
- Letter of application, including description of areas of expertise, research interests, and experience
- Complete CV
to the prospective supervisor according to your research interest and their area of expertise: dr. Dušan Mladenović (firstname.lastname@example.org), dr. Prateek Kalia (email@example.com), dr. Petr Suchánek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other potential supervisors and topics can be found here.
Once your future supervisor agrees, you may officially apply via our online application. A fee for one application at the Faculty of Economics and Administration is 700 CZK. The online application requires you to submit the following documents (in English):
- Dissertation project (based on the topic you agreed on with your future supervisor)
- Structured professional CV
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of achieved education
30th November 2023, 23:59 (course start date in February 2024)
- Dissertation project may be submitted by the 20th December 2023.
30th April 2024, 23:59 (course start date in September 2024)
- Dissertation project may be submitted by the 21st May 2024.
In case of any questions regarding the PhD programs in general or the application process, please contact Lucie Přikrylová (email@example.com).
You can also find information on our website. We recommend you to read the Terms and Conditions of Admission to the Faculty of Economics and Administration as well.
Follow us on Twitter for more opportunities (@veda_econmuni).