About the Programme
People, process and performance are the pillars of organisational success. Supported and underpinned by systems, financial control and reporting, economic analysis and accounting provide the wherewithal to understand how, where and what to deliver as a goods or services in a timely and effective manner. The Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems in the Sheffield Business School (SBS) research encompasses Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), climate change, renewable energy and fair trade, all of which are concerns for businesses, driven globally by both legislation and public interest. The development of new future industries and exploiting the capabilities brought about by technological advances, such as the use of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Blockchains provides further avenues to understand how organisational entities are responding to changing demands.
We welcome PhD applications on the following or similar topics:
• Business systems
• Knowledge management
• Business intelligence
• Supply chain management
• Supply chain risk
• Sustainable supply chains
• Use of data for fraud prevention (quantitative approach)
• Trend analysis in fraud / electronic crime
• Project management , including
− stakeholder engagement in projects (qualitative approach)
− criteria for project success (quantitative approach)
− monitoring projects (quantitative or qualitative approach)
• Retail returns
• Financial accounting
• Corporate and Financial Governance
− Corporate flexibility, investment decisions and financial crises
− Executive compensation, managerial incentives, firm performance and insolvencies
− Strongly-governed firms, accounting information, market liquidity
− Firm-country-specific factors effects on firms decisions (transparency policies, investment decisions, accounting choices)
− Risk management
• Banking and international finance
• Econometric modelling, including
− Financial and economic analyses
− Multilevel analysis
− Risk modelling
• International trade, Brexit and corporate tax management
A PhD with us offers you a brilliant opportunity to develop your research skills and knowledge to create a real impact either in academia, public sector, private sector or as an entrepreneur. We have a vibrant international community of research students, academics and support staff, and a 30-year history of delivering high-quality postgraduate research that places a strong emphasis on close supervision and support.
Join us in your search for new thinking because:
• We have extensive expertise in creating new knowledge and applying business research to solve real world problems
• You will be supervised by vibrant community of academics who are driven by the discovery of new knowledge
• Your research will be conducted alongside a diverse community of doctoral researchers from the globe who bring a wealth of international experience
• Our reputation for excellence is recognised through our high-quality research training and the support we offer our doctoral students.
How to apply
Information on entry requirements, tuition fees and other costs can be found here https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/business-and-management/phd-sheffield-business-school-management-finance-service-sector/full-time
For general and application enquiries about our PhDs in Finance, Accounting and Business Systems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.