About the Programme
The subject groups of Hospitality, Tourism, Events, Food & Nutrition are in the Department of Service Sector Management in the Sheffield Business School (SBS). Our knowledge creation and exchange relate to two interdisciplinary themes:
Food, Consumers and Society
Within this theme, research is broadly concerned with consumer perceptions, decision-making and behaviour relating to a wide range of product markets and services, together with product innovation and development, packaging design, product marketing and branding, and well-being in society.
The Experience Economy
Our research here is focused on the design, delivery and development of consumer experiences in a range of leisure, recreation, events, hospitality and tourism contexts. Research within this theme spans the breadth of the consumer experience process in various product markets, including a variety of service management issues, the employee workplace experience and associated functional management issues.
We welcome applications for research study in any of our research strengths:
• Food, culture, experience and identity
• Hospitality design, space and facilities
• Wine and culinary innovation
• Revenue, sales and performance management
• Human resources and employability
• Service innovation
• Service experience
• Sustainability and corporate social responsibility
• Hotel management
• Technology and hospitality
• Tourism policy, governance and sustainable development
• Destination marketing and branding
• Consumer behaviour and experience
• Adventure tourism
• Visitor attractions design and management
• Cultural heritage management
• Events and strategy
• Events volunteering
• Leadership in events
• Experiential event design
• Agricultural events
• Attendee experience
Food and Nutrition:
• Consumer food choice, attitudes and behaviour
• Impact of diet on health and sports performance
• Sports nutrition
• Food, nutrition and health
• Food structure
• Sensory science
• Consumer behaviour
• Food marketing
A PhD with us offers you a brilliant opportunity to develop your research skills and knowledge to create a real impact either in academia, public sector, private sector or as an entrepreneur. We have a vibrant international community of research students, academics and support staff, and a 30-year history of delivering high-quality postgraduate research that places a strong emphasis on close supervision and support.
Join us in your search for new thinking because:
• We have extensive expertise in creating new knowledge and applying business research to solve real world problems
• You will be supervised by vibrant community of academics who are driven by the discovery of new knowledge
• Your research will be conducted alongside a diverse community of doctoral researchers from the globe who bring a wealth of international experience
• Our reputation for excellence is recognised through our high-quality research training and the support we offer our doctoral students.
How to apply
Information on entry requirements, tuition fees and other costs can be found here https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/business-and-management/phd-sheffield-business-school-management-finance-service-sector/full-time
For general and application enquiries about our PhDs in Hospitality, Tourism, Events, Food & Nutrition, please contact email@example.com
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.
Study a PhD looking at major events and human rights at the Observatory for Human Rights and Major Events (HaRM), School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (SHTM), University of Surrey, UK.
University of Surrey