About the Programme
PhD - Tuition fees paid and an annual stipend of £15,285 for 3 years (subject to satisfactory progress)
The Psychology group in the Department of Psychology, Sociology and Politics at Sheffield Hallam University intends to appoint Psychology Demonstrators on a three-year fixed term studentship from October 2020. Demonstrators undertake certain teaching assistant duties such as helping conduct psychology laboratories, in addition to working towards a PhD qualification. We are particularly interested in supervising projects in the following areas, and preference will be given to applicants with an interest in developing research in one of these areas, although applications in other areas are also welcome:
• Interpreting embarrassing (sexual) topics in forensic interviews
• Transformative art: investigating whether stimulus change underpins aesthetic preferences
• Understanding and preventing self-disgust through habituation and exposure
• The development of a digital database of affective facial expressions from artworks: a new tool to investigate emotions
• Exploring the psychological well-being of elite sport coaches
• Do the eyes have it? Retinal parameters as a biomarker of neural function
• Families in crisis: family relationships, abuse and coping during the COVID-19 lockdown
• Perception of social information in autism
As a minimum, applicants should possess a 1st or 2.1 Honours degree in Psychology. A Masters degree in a relevant subject area would be an advantage.
Further information about research in the College can be found on the Graduate School website.
Contact Email : [email protected]
Closing Date : 1 September 2020
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.