This profile is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
for PhD studentship opportunities
About the Programme
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is pleased to invite applications from excellent students with original research proposals for the University of Strathclyde Student Excellence Awards for commencing study in October 2021. These awards will cover student fees (at UK rates) and a stipend in line with UK Research Council rates. You should have, or be expected to obtain, a first-class honours degree and/or a master's degree with distinction.
Candidates from outside the UK will be considered but will be required to pay the difference between the Home and EU/International fee.
The HaSS Faculty offers high quality facilities within its purpose-designed Graduate School premises and world-leading training through the University's PG Certificate in Postgraduate Researcher Development.
We are able to offer six awards across the following subject areas:
- English, Journalism, Gender Studies, Creative Writing, or History (School of Humanities)
- Modern Languages (French, Spanish, Italian) (School of Humanities)
- Law (School of Law)
- Counselling, Physical Activity for Health, Psychology or Speech and Language Therapy (School of Psychological Sciences and Health)
- Social Work or Social Policy (School of Social Work and Social Policy)
- Education (School of Education)
- Politics (please note that the School of Government and Public Policy has unique application instructions)
You should have, or be expected to obtain, a first-class honours degree and/or a master's degree with distinction.
EU candidates can apply and will have ‘home' fee status as long as they have ‘settled status' prior to 31st December 2020. If an EU candidate does not have settled status then they will need to apply for a Student Route visa and will be classed as an overseas student.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.