About the Programme
Our pioneering work in new fields such as health, development and experimental economics alongside our long-established excellence in more traditional areas such as finance, macroeconomics and econometrics has confirmed York as a world-leader in economic research.
We offer two research degree programmes:
- Ranked joint eighth for the impact of our research in Times Higher Education's rankings of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, with the highest overall proportion of research designated as internationally excellent or world-leading
- One of only three institutions to receive five stars from the Centre of Higher Education Development for postgraduate economics
York has a vibrant research community led by enthusiastic and experienced academic staff. We're involved in many significant projects spanning traditional disciplinary boundaries. Our researchers work across a number of key sub-disciplines:
- Applied microeconometrics
- Historical economics
- Economic theory
- Health economics
- Macroeconomics and Finance
- Political economy
- A diverse, closely integrated academic community, committed to research excellence
- Our four-year Integrated PhD is an innovative programme within an active and stimulating research environment that will provide you with a thorough training in economics for researchers, and a structured pathway to undertaking your doctoral research.
- Regular events and seminars with a range of guest speakers
- Opportunities for funded studentships
Check that your research interests align with the expertise of at least one (and preferably two) of our staff, and then complete an online application.
+44 (0)1904 323788
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.