This profile is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
Southampton Business School has studentships available for postgraduate research students admitted onto its PhD programme and commencing their studies in October 2017. The studentships will last for a maximum of three years (subject to an annual review of progress). The awards are available in research areas including accounting, finance, international banking, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship, innovation management, strategy, human resource management, organisational behaviour, health management, information technology and systems, risk management, logistics and transportation, supply chain management, marketing and consumer behaviour. These areas of research are connected to the School's Departments:
Department of Accounting
Department of Banking and Finance
Department of Decision Analytics and Risk
Department of Digital and Data Driven Marketing
Department of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
Department of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Two types of studentship award are available: Faculty PhD Scholarships; Vice-Chancellor (VC) Awards:
• Faculty PhD Scholarships will provide a maintenance allowance of £14,000 per annum, in addition to payment of tuition fees (tuition fees will be paid in full by the School). NB. These awards are available for full-time study only (if a studentship is awarded and the award holder transfers to part-time registration, then the holder will be deemed to have withdrawn from the studentship).
• Vice-Chancellor (VC) Awards worth up to £7,000 per year to either contribute to international fees or to cover Home/EU fees plus contribution towards living costs (for three years of full-time study). NB. The VC Awards are available for full- or part-time study (the latter calculated pro-rata).
Please note the following
- Tuition fees will be paid at home/EU level or international level as determined by the University.
- These studentships are for full time candidates only. If you are awarded this studentship and transfer to part time registration, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the studentship.
Southampton Business School is a vibrant research-led school, part of the University of Southampton, one of the top research-driven universities in the UK and in the top one per cent of global universities. It has an active and multi-cultural community of more than 160 postgraduate research students from all the continents and its PhD programme has been awarded +3 recognition for full-time students by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). The School has also received research studentships from the ESRC, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and other prestigious funding bodies. The School's researchers combine rigour with relevance, aiming to solve real-world problems that meet the challenges of the global economy and society. For further information on our research degrees visit: https://www.sbs.ac.uk/research/mphilphd-research-programmes
To apply online for our PhD programme, please visit the following website: https://studentrecords.soton.ac.uk/BNNRPROD/bzsksrch.P_Search
A full application consists of:
• Completed online application form
• Research proposal
• Final degree certificates/transcripts
• Evidence of English language proficiency (taken within 2 years of the start date of the programme) – please see the link below to the University's English language requirements http://www.southampton.ac.uk/studentadmin/admissions/admissions-policies/language.page
• Reference letters (possibly recent and from academics and not just contact details of referees)
Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
For further information about how to apply, please email [email protected] or telephone +44 (0)23 8059 2562 or visit the following website: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/management/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page?
Application deadlines have now passed, please check back at a later date for further opportunities
Some or all of the PhD opportunities in this programme have funding attached. Applications for this programme are welcome from suitably qualified candidates worldwide. Funding may only be available to a limited set of nationalities and you should read the full programme details for further information.