The Sport and Exercise Science and Sports Medicine Research and Enterprise Group conducts innovative, applied research to tackle modern day challenges in sport, health and occupational settings.
The research group incorporates three labs:
- Fatigue and Exercise Tolerance Lab (FET)
- Expertise & Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory (ExCeL)
- Environmental Extremes Lab
We welcome research student applications in any of the following research areas:
- Cognition in gait and locomotion
- Sensory processing in exercise
- Remote coaching
- Genomics of elite performance
- The development and improvement of expert performance
- Practice, training and acquisition/learning
- Sports performance
- Wearable technologies
- Occupational activity
- Healthy living
- Neuromuscular fatigue and perception of fatigue
- Exercise and stem cell interactions towards targeted therapies
- Sports, health and wellbeing.
For more information about our research and enterprise group, visit the Sport and Exercise Science and Sports Medicine webpage.
To discuss opportunities with our Sport and Exercise Science and Sports Medicine lead, email Dr Peter Watt: P.Watt@brighton.ac.uk