One of our enterprise groups (REGs) at the University of Brighton are inviting research applicants to join our innovative research community.
The Sport and Leisure Cultures Research and Enterprise Group provides an open, interdisciplinary environment for critically engaged social scientists undertaking theoretical, conceptual and empirical research on sport, leisure and physical activity. We work with a range of governing bodies, governmental departments, and regional and international non-governmental organisations around the world.
We welcome research student applications in any of the following research areas:
- the human body in its embodied, material and representational forms
- social inequalities and marginalised identities
- movements, mobilities, and migrations
- governance and policy
- sport for development and peace
- mega-events and spectacle
- politics of sports fandom.
For more information about our research and enterprise groups, visit Sport and Leisure Cultures webpage.
To discuss opportunities with our Sport and Leisure Cultures lead, email Dr Thomas Carter: T.F.Carter@brighton.ac.uk