This is a great opportunity to develop your career in global public health with a boutique consultancy firm, ACESO Global Health Consultants (ACESO GHC) established in 2013 with offices in London, Delhi & Singapore.
Due to the expansion of their award-winning (RSPH Health & Wellbeing Award) community-led Nurture Early for Optimal Nutrition (NEON) programme in the UK (Medway), Singapore, Hong Kong & USA (New York), we're looking for a long-term Consultant who is interested in undertaking a fully funded full-time PhD (option for part-time available) at UCL on NEON (https://www.acesoghc.com/neon).
Candidates must have a right to work in the UK and a strong public health background (preferably quantitative). In this role, you’ll be contracted via the Singapore office but be based in the UK, being on-site in Medway Council for 1-2 days/week and occasional travel to Singapore, Hong Kong, USA.
The role overview
- Work on community projects with respective NEON Core Teams to develop interventions to address food insecurity/obesity amongst children across Medway, Singapore, Hong Kong & New York using the Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) approach.
- Lead/support other service public health work in Medway Council that includes (i) Child Death Overview Panel, (ii) GP Access Taskforce, (iii) Health Protection Team in collaboration with the UK Health Security Agency (e.g. COVID-19, flu, TB)
- Support other service public health work nationally/internationally (e.g. setting up National University Health System Singapore’s Division of Child, Family & Community Health that includes evaluating health visiting & school nursing services)
- Lead collaborations with an extensive network of professionals (i.e. NEON Steering Team) across diverse disciplines, such as healthcare providers, social workers, educators, policymakers, and community members to develop and implement projects globally.
- Significant opportunity for career growth in both academia (i.e. UCL long-term honorary appointment) & service (supported to undertake UKPHR’s Public Health Practitioner & Specialist Registration)
- As a part of the business, you may need to support us on periodic property inspections and/or other consultancy work.
*No visa sponsorship is offered in this role
- Full-time 40 hours/week for £2500/month, with an option for part-time 20-32 hours/week for £1250-2000/month
- Fully funded UCL PhD fees
- Additional pay of $1000 USD per published publication
- 3-5 years contract; PhD duration is subject to working hours/week
- You are working as an independent contractor and will therefore be expected to organize your insurance (broker available) & get DBS checked before commencement
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in public health/health care sector
- Able to travel to Medway 1-2 days a week
- MSc degree in Public Health or equivalent
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Research experience focused on quantitative methods and data analysis.
- Driving license and/or car ownership
- Knowledge in food insecurity and/or nutrition is an advantage
£1250-2500/month + $USD1000 bonus per publication + UCL PhD fees
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying should send a copy of their CV and MUST have a covering letter addressing their background and suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
For informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and notified.