The University of Bristol Business School is built on a strong tradition of scholarship and learning in business disciplines across Management, Accounting and Finance, dating back to 1955.
The school has a strong track record in impactful research, and according to the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 88% of our Business and Management research is rated as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”.
We strive to influence policymakers and regulators as they, in turn, respond to changes in the world around us. The School has 12 active research groups influencing policy and practice across many areas including environmental and economic sustainability, globalisation, social justice and equality in management and accounting and finance.
We welcome students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Currently there are over 50 research students and more than 100 research active academics in the School.
Bursaries and Scholarships available for application before March 2023.
The University of Bristol Business School is offering 18 bursaries of £18,000 per year to be awarded to successful PhD students.
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Law is offering 21 fully-funded PhD scholarships for applicants showing exceptional research potential, 4 of which are allocated to the University of Bristol Business School.
Visit our funding page for more details.
Why choose Bristol for your PhD in Management, Accounting or Finance?
- Study at a top 5 UK university for research (THE analysis of REF 2021)
- Fulfil your academic career aspirations with our customised personal development strategy
- Receive excellent support within a vibrant PhD community
Example Areas of Research
- Financial Reporting and auditing
- International Business Management and Strategy
- Marketing and Consumption
- Operations and Management Science
- Work, Organisation Studies and Public Policy
- Inclusive Economy and Civic Values
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Sustainable accounting
- Innovation and Digitalisation
Applying to Bristol
Business School PhD Programmes