Research is central to the activities of the School of Management at the University of Bristol. The School comprises a group of academic staff with a variety of interests and a focus on research that has practical relevance.
The results of the most recent UK-wide research assessment, REF2014, rated 78 per cent of the research activity in business and management as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent'. We’re a top 20 UK University for Business and Management and a top 10 UK University for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2022).
We have an enthusiastic research community, a welcoming atmosphere and excellent research facilities. We are large enough to have expertise in many fields, but small enough to be friendly and allow regular contact between students and staff members. Currently there are about 50 research students and more than 60 research active academics enrolled in the School.
Why choose Bristol for your PhD in Management?
· Study at a top 5 UK university for research (THE analysis of REF 2014)
· Fulfil your career aspirations with our customised personal development strategy
· Receive excellent support within a vibrant PhD community
· Excellent career development opportunities
Example Areas of Research
· International Business Management and Strategy
· Marketing and Consumption
· Operations and Management Science
· Work, Organisation Studies and Public Policy
· Inclusive Economy and Civic Values
· Sustainable Production and Consumption
· Innovation and Digitalisation
The University of Bristol School of Management are pleased to announce the new School of Management PhD Scholarships scheme for Student-led scholarships and Supervisor-led studentships/bursaries which will be made available to PhD applicants for an October 2022 start. We also offer scholarships in collaboration with external organisations, including ESRC and CRC.
Please check for detailed information, deadlines and links to apply via the official University of Bristol School of Management PhD programme website.