Based in the central campus at the University of Edinburgh, the Business School seeks to set the agenda across a wide range of business disciplines, with our research areas staffed by teams whose work has real influence in business, government, and the public sector.
The University of Edinburgh is ranked 4th in the UK for research power, and the Business School has over 100 years of research experience. We aim to provide a highly dynamic and supportive research environment for our large and diverse graduate community, ensuring that our doctoral students have the resources required to make the most of their individual projects.
We are offering several fully funded scholarships to candidates looking to pursue their own research topic in one of our research areas :
· Accounting & Finance
· Entrepreneurship & Innovation
· Management Science & Business Economics
· Organisational Studies
While any topic which falls within the six broad research areas will be considered, applicants whose proposal aligns with highlighted areas of interest will be given preference.
We strongly encourage and are attentive to applications from minoritized candidates, including first generation, low income and widening participation applicants, applicants of colour, LGBTQ+ applicants, and disabled applicants.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Programme Offer: All candidates must hold a conditional or unconditional offer onto one of our Doctoral programmes and expect to join in September 2021. While you can be awaiting an application outcome when applying for this scholarship only those with an offer can be considered.
- Academic Standing: This normally requires a minimum qualification (or expected qualification if you are a current Master's student) of above-average academic achievement, typically 65% or above overall at the Master's level, with a distinction-level dissertation.
- English Competency: You must meet the English requirements for the PhD in Management, PhD in Accounting, or PhD in Finance. The most commonly approved certificate is an IELTS, for which the minimum accepted score is 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each section.
How to Apply
To access the scholarship application you must first complete your programme application.
- Programme Application Guidance
- Scholarship Application and Guidance
When submitting your scholarship application, you will need to align yourself with one of our research areas. This should be the research area your topic falls under:
- Accounting & Finance Group Doctoral Scholarship
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Group Doctoral Scholarship
- Management Science & Business Economics Group Doctoral Scholarships
- Marketing Group Doctoral Scholarship
- Organisation Studies Group Doctoral Scholarship
- Strategy Group Doctoral Scholarship
The deadline to apply is 23:59 (UK time) on the 28th February 2022.
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
Admission and Scholarship Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org