Candidates are expected to hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a related area / subject. Candidates with experience in cell biology or with an interest in protein secretion are encouraged to apply.
This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Yeung, C.-Y. C., Garva, R., Pickard, A., Chang, J., Holmes, D. F., Lu, Y., Mallikarjun, V., Swift, J., Adamson, A., Calverley, B., Meng, Q. J., and Kadler, K. E. (2018) Circadian clock regulation of the secretory pathway. BioRxiv https://doi.org/10.1101/304014
2. Pickard, A., Chang, J., Alachkar, N., Calverley, C., Garva, R., Arvan, P., Meng, Q. J., and Kadler, K. E. (2018) Protection of circadian rhythms by the protein folding chaperone, BiP. BioRxiv https://doi.org/10.1101/348078
3. Yang, N., Williams, J., Pekovic-Vaughan, V., Wang, P., Olabi, S., McConnell, J., Gossan, N., Hughes, A., Cheung, J., Streuli, C. H., and Meng Q. J. (2017) Cellular mechano-environment regulates the mammary circadian clock. Nature Commun. 8: 14287.
4. Shoham, A. B., Rot, C., Stern, T., Krief, S., Akiva, A., Dadosh, T., Sabany, H., Lu, Y., Kadler, K. E. and Zelzer, E. (2016) Deposition of collagen type I onto skeletal endothelium reveals a new role for blood vessels in regulating bone morphology. Development 143: 3933-3943.
5. Dudek, M., Gossan, N, Yang, N., Im, HJ, Ruckshanthi, J. P., Yoshitane, H., Li, X., Jin, D., Wang, P., Boudiffa, M., Bellantuono, I., Fukada Y., Boot-Handford, R. P., and Meng Q. J. (2016) The chondrocyte clock gene Bmal1 controls cartilage homeostasis and integrity. J. Clin. Investig. 126: 365-376.