This PhD project is in a Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences competition for funded studentships. These studentships are funded for 3 years and comprise of Home/EU fees, a stipend of £15,009 and £1000 per annum to support research training. Overseas applicants may apply but are required to fund the difference between home/EU and overseas tuition fees (in 2020-21 the international fee is £19,100 for lab based projects and £15,700 for non-lab based projects but fees are subject to an annual increase).
1. Wedge, D. C. et al. Sequencing of prostate cancers identifies new cancer genes, routes of progression and drug targets. Nat. Genet. 50, 682–692 (2018).
2. Luca, B. et al. DESNT: A Poor Prognosis Category of Human Prostate Cancer. Eur. Urol. Focus 4, 842–850 (2018).
3. Lalonde, E. et al. Tumour genomic and microenvironmental heterogeneity for integrated prediction of 5-year biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Oncol 15, 1521–1532 (2014).
4. Gerhauser, C. et al. Molecular evolution of early onset prostate cancer identifies novel molecular risk markers and clinical trajectories. Cancer Cell 996–1011 (2018). doi:10.1016/j.ccell.2018.10.016
5. Gundem, G. et al. The evolutionary history of lethal metastatic prostate cancer. Nature 520, 353–357 (2015).