This project is available to UK/EU candidates. Funding covers fees (UK/EU rate) and stipend for four years. Overseas candidates can apply providing they can pay the difference in fees and are from an eligible country. Candidates will be required to split their time between Manchester and Singapore, as outlined on View Website.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. El Nahas, A. M. & Bello, A. K. Chronic kidney disease: the global challenge. Lancet 365, 331–340 (2005).
2. Levey, A. S. & Coresh, J. Chronic kidney disease. Lancet 379, 165–180 (2012).
3. Lan, H. Y. & Chung, A. C.-K. TGF-β/Smad signaling in kidney disease. Semin. Nephrol. 32, 236–43 (2012).
4. Wang, X. et al. LRG1 promotes angiogenesis by modulating endothelial TGF-β signalling. Nature 499, 306–11 (2013).
5. Glorieux, G. et al. New insights in molecular mechanisms involved in chronic kidney disease using high-resolution plasma proteome analysis. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. gfv254 (2015). doi:10.1093/ndt/gfv254