This project is available to UK/EU candidates. Funding covers fees (UK/EU rate) and stipend for four years. Overseas candidates can apply providing they can pay the difference in fees and are from an eligible country. Candidates will be required to split their time between Manchester and Singapore, as outlined on View Website.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Jennings, R. E., Berry, A. A., Gerrard, D. T., Wearne, S. J., Strutt, J., Withey, S., Chhatriwala, M., Piper Hanley, K., Vallier, L., Bobola, N. and Hanley, N. A. (2017). Laser Capture and Deep Sequencing Reveals the Transcriptomic Programmes Regulating the Onset of Pancreas and Liver Differentiation in Human Embryos. Stem Cell Reports 9, 1387-1394. Developed technique of laser capture, RNA amplification-seq and informatics on very early post-implantation human embryos. 5 cites.
2. Gerrard, D. T., Berry, A. A., Jennings, R. E., Piper Hanley, K., Bobola, N. and Hanley, N. A. (2016). An integrative transcriptomic atlas of organogenesis in human embryos. Elife 5. Editorial: 'How to build a human' and highlight in Nature Genetics Reviews. Transcriptomics and computational biology. Data accessed by >100 international labs. >4,500 views, 19 cites.
3. Jennings, R. E., Berry, A. A., Strutt, J. P., Gerrard, D. T. and Hanley, N. A. (2015). Human pancreas development. Development 142, 3126-3137. 73 cites.
4. Cebola, I., Rodriguez-Segui, S. A., Cho, C. H., Bessa, J., Rovira, M., Luengo, M., Chhatriwala, M., Berry, A., Ponsa-Cobas, J., Maestro, M. A., Jennings, R. E., Pasquali, L., Moran, I., Castro, N., Hanley, N. A.*, Gomez-Skarmeta, J. L.*, Vallier, L.* and Ferrer, J.* (2015). TEAD and YAP regulate the enhancer network of human embryonic pancreatic progenitors. Nat Cell Biol 17, 615-626. *co-corresponding. 76 cites.
5. Jennings, R. E., Berry, A. A., Kirkwood-Wilson, R., Roberts, N. A., Hearn, T., Salisbury, R. J., Blaylock, J., Piper Hanley, K. and Hanley, N. A. (2013). Development of the human pancreas from foregut to endocrine commitment. Diabetes 62, 3514-3522. 118 cites.