This project is available to UK/EU candidates. Funding covers fees (UK/EU rate) and stipend for four years. Overseas candidates can apply providing they can pay the difference in fees and are from an eligible country. Candidates will be required to split their time between Manchester and Singapore, as outlined on View Website.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1) Berika M, Garrod D. Desmosomal adhesion in vivo. Cell Commun Adhes. (2014) 21:65-75.
2) Garrod, D.R., Berika, M.Y., Bardsley, W.F., Holmes, D, Tabernero, L. Hyper-adhesion in desmosomes: its regulation in wound healing and possible relationship to cadherins crystal structure. (2005) J. Cell Sci. 118: 5743-5754.
3) Mirjana Liovic, Mariella D'Alessandro, Marjana Tomic-Canic, Viacheslav N. Bolshakov, Stephanie E. Coats, E. Birgitte Lane. Severe keratin 5 and 14 mutations induce down-regulation of junction proteins in keratinocytes. Exp. Cell Res. 315 (2009) 2995–3003
For FRAP and FLAP imaging:
4) Atherton P, Stutchbury B, Wang DY, Jethwa D, Tsang R, Meiler-Rodriguez E, Wang P, Bate N, Zent R, Barsukov IL, Goult BT, Critchley DR, Ballestrem C. Vinculin controls talin engagement with the actomyosin machinery. Nat Commun. 2015 Dec 4;6:10038.
For BioID and the use of BirA in Mass Spectrometry:
5) Kyle J. Roux, Dae In Kim, Manfred Raida, and Brian Burke (2012). A promiscuous biotin ligase fusion protein identifyes proximal and interacting proteins in mammalian cells. JCB 196 No. 6 801–810